Get instant access to all the information you need for more than 200 medical-surgical conditions and procedures with the Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems. Designed to accompany the 10th Edition of the Lewis main text, this portable reference has been completely updated throughout to reflect current practice. The Clinical Companion is organized alphabetically for quick reference and includes a variety of full-color illustrations and summary tables to help you digest information quickly.
- Disorders section covers commonly encountered medical-surgical conditions in a consistent, clinically-relevant format that includes:
- Clinical Manifestations
- Diagnostic Studies
- Interprofessional Care (including Drug Therapy, where relevant)
- Nursing Management
- Treatments and Procedures section summarizes the need-to-know content about common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as basic life support, enteral nutrition, and artificial airway management.
- Cross-references to Lewis: Medical-Surgical Nursing, 10th Edition, make it easy to locate more in-depth information.
- Patient and caregiver teaching content highlighted with a special icon, identifying information to share with patients and caregivers.
- Reference Appendix contains information commonly used in nursing practice, such as abbreviations, laboratory values, and commonly used formulas.
- NEW! Attractive full-color design ties the Clinical Companion to the textbook.